I am so excited ... my first new year's goal was to finally finish a duvet cover for my daughter Julia's dorm room bed. And just in the nick of time, I completed it one day before she left to head back to Virginia. Mind you, I started on this project back in August, but then it got pushed to the side :( I have to say Julia has been quite patient. However, the not so subtle remarks about the quilt I had promised her for her 13th birthday that never came to be, certainly spurred me on towards completion before another birthday came to pass!
She and I were both pretty pleased with the final product. Julia wanted the duvet to be made from a variety of vintage bed sheets. So, etsy served as my go to vintage sheet source. I topped off the enclosure of the duvet with a mixture of vintage buttons. Now what to do with all of the leftover vintage sheets ... hmmm ... I'm sure I will think of something!
Maybe I will use some pieces in my Valentine's projects that are next on my list to do. I'll keep you posted on my progress.
till next time,